Theresa (Teri) Brossmer founder of Gem Appraisals Unlimited, LLC provides independent, professional, gem and jewelry appraisal services and consulting from her office/laboratory in Glendora, CA.
Glendora CA JVA Registered Valuer ®
Teri founded Gem Appraisals Unlimited, LLC in 1982, providing independent, professional, gem and jewelry appraisal services and consulting from her office/laboratory in Glendora, CA. She is active in many appraisal and gemological organizations, currently serving as President of Accredited Gemologists Association. When she is not appraising jewelry, Ms. Brossmer teaches appraisal methodology and standards in the U.S. and China.
Independent, Unbiased Valuation of Jewelry, Diamonds, Gemstones, and Watches
With nearly 40 years of experience in appraising jewelry, Ms. Brossmer has developed an invaluable network and resource library. Appraisals are well-research, credible opinions of value based on relevant evidence and logic.
A firm believer in continuing education, Teri strives to remain at the top of her game through regular participation in conferences, lectures, and by attending trade shows.
Ms. Brossmer maintains a well-equipped laboratory with advanced instrumentation including EXA®, an FTIR- spectrometer that uses advanced spectroscopy to detect natural diamonds and identify many colored gems quickly and efficiently. Her laboratory includes portable gemological equipment suited to on-site inspections.
Appraisals While You Wait
Clients are welcome to wait and watch during the inspection of their gems and jewelry. Market research and appraisal reports are prepared and emailed as secure .pdfs. A hard copy is available for purchase.
On-site inspection appointments are available.
All appraisals are developed and reported in compliance with USPAP (Uniform Standards of Appraisal Practice).
- Graduate Gemologist, GIA
- Certificate in Appraisal Studies, University of California Irvine
- Master Gemologist Appraiser®, American Society of Appraisers
- Appraisal Review & Management, American Society of Appraisers
- Accredited Senior Gemologist, Accredited Gemologists Association
- Certified USPAP Instructor, Appraisal Qualifications Board
- Jewellery Valuers Association
- National Association of Jewelry Appraisers
- American Society of Appraisers
- Accredited Gemologists Association
- American Society of Jewelry Historians
- Women’s Jewelry Association