With diplomas from both the Gemological Institute of America and the Gemmological Association of Great Britain (FGA distinction), a trained Gemmologist and Diamond Grader, Paul has been valuing New Zealanders’ jewellery for more than 30 years.
New Zealand JVA Registered Valuer ®
Independent, professional, qualified appraisals
Paul established GemLab in Auckland, NZ in 1987 to provide independent diamond & gemmological reports and jewellery valuations for the trade and the public. With a team of six qualified valuers & gemmologists and two support staff GemLab's services now extend to post-loss appraisals for insurance companies, estate and divorce valuations for lawyers, and advice to government departments. Paul is proud that GemLab's totally independent services qualify them for membership of the AIJV.
He also has a special interest in Insurance Valuations and has researched the local and international insurance industries in order to provide more relevant reports for jewellery owners and interested parties.
In addition to the JVA in Great Britain Paul holds memberships of the following industry and related bodies....
· The Jewellery Valuers Society of New Zealand, JVSNZ
· The Gemmological Association of New Zealand, GANZ
· The Gemmological Association of Great Britain, Gem-A
· The American Society of Appraisers, ASA (Ally membership)
· The National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, NAJA (USA)
· The New Zealand Insurance Law Association, NZILA
· The Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance, ANZIIF
Paul and his team are able to provide a range of service options including Same-day, While-You-Wait, While-You-Watch, and In-home. More information can be found at www.gemlab.co.nz